Thursday, March 25, 2010

Contradictory inanities.

The library is quite a strange place.

For starters, it's not really called a library. So you can talk your head off in here. No one really gives a toss if your handphone goes off. And the PCs here, at a glance, seem to run entirely in a Facebook-controlled universe. Surreal. A quick glance through it all confirms that you have indeed, left Kansas.

I'm sure all the parents of these students would feel such pride at what their 2,000 dollar semester fees are being used up on. All that Internet bandwidth just to see if Davina really did hook up with Joey last night? Oh no he dee'ent. *insert exaggerated hand motion here* I SO can't see why anyone likes that tramp Tina! Look at her pics! She's barely got anything on! *insert hair flick here, even though no one is watching*

But I digress. I suppose I'm being far too general and mean. Then again, such a paradox could only occur here in this university, in this country. Although I would wager this probably happens far more in North America, the land of opportunity, freedom, and getting your balls electrocuted for having a beard and dark skin, and a name rednecks can't pronounce properly. Unless you're in Canada.

Dysfunctional dystopia (hah, see what I did there?)  that this place is though, it is still a 'home' of sorts, since I spend the majority of my day in this particular corner of the Earth. Although when I say corner, I should probably explain that it's a particularly dark and damp one. As much as I bitch about it (and will probably continue to do so through this avenue), I sort of like it here. The food isn't bad, some of the student populace are quite agreeable company, and the chicks are not too shabby looking.

Although having said that, there are still one too many girls that somehow think they're 'all that', and dress/act accordingly.

Ladies, here's a tip. Yes, Bialystock and Bloom would sing, if you've got it, flaunt it. But in real life, a guy doesn't want a girl to go over the top. When you're beautiful, be it on the inside or outside, don't ham it up. Because any guy worth his salt, will be able to recognise it, without you having to advertise it like beauty products during the 8 o'clock news.

This is one hell of a library.

No comments:

Post a Comment