Friday, October 15, 2010

Worth.

Do not underestimate the value of a 10 minute encounter.

Spending time with someone for whatever amount of time... Most people don't realise that the qualitative nature of a meeting is of far more empirical importance than the quantity of it. You could have 3 hours with a person that turn out to be unfulfilling, dry and turgid.

Or 10 minutes with someone that could change the very way your soul feels.

Are we so caught up on quantity now? Does spending more time with someone, really mean that it is time better spent?

I've thought long and hard about this. I've thought about what it means for me to be able to see someone and to spend time with them. I've considered all of this in the context of my own issues, and my own demons. Of my own insecurities and my own anxieties. Of my own history and my own checkered past.

I would rather have ten minutes with you. Than 3 hours, with anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment