Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Oh, an update.

I haven't been able to sit down and think about things that I have wanted to say on this particular channel of informational dissemination, considering that I am rather caught up in that pesky thing known as real life. Be it as it may, I owe it to myself to at least scribble down a few random thoughts as an ode to my ego and the embodiment of my over-inflated sense of self.

As it is, I am at a rather interesting crossroad this semester. It is the week where you either make a good semester great, or make a bad semester awful. Choices, decisions, gambles, risks, considerations, second-guesses. Take the road less traveled? Screw you Robert Foster, for your chancy philosophical poetic musings.

Before I get completely side-tracked, it is imperative on my part to note that I am actually in the midst of trying to repair a relatively okay semester, to make it into a good one. Why? I have been slacking. The sheer amount of activities has caught up to me. The gym workouts, the football training, the futsal, the assignments, the debate sessions, matches, work.. It's all getting a bit much. I come home every day absolutely knackered, and have rarely gone to sleep past 1 am anymore, which is an astounding achievement in itself.

Curiously enough, my videogaming has hardly suffered, as I have actually been able to budget my time for it much better than I thought I would. When I tell myself "Ok, time to stop", I actually DO. Unless of course there's a plot twist.. Or an unexpected loss.. Or there's a new area to explore.. Oh, you get the idea.

The fact of the matter is that I am tired. Really, really, REALLY tired. I'm slow to get up in the mornings, and I'm usually asleep before my head hits the pillow. The only thing keeping me afloat is my PS3 (I love you baby! Thank you thank you thank you girlinstiletto ;) ) and the joy it brings.

I should just graduate as soon as possible, and go work for a videogames company. Anyone know how I can get in touch with Crytek, or Sony Worldwide Studios?

No comments:

Post a Comment